10k Training Program
Red Coyote Running & Fitness - Classen Curve
5720 N. Classen Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK US 73118
Red Coyote’s Newbie 5K Training Program is designed to help you train for Merry Mitchmas 5K & 10K on December 16th, but can be used to train for any winter 5K. All abilities 18 and older are welcome!
In our Red Coyote program, we think sharing the training journey with friends working to achieve a common goal is the best part and makes every run more fun.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- • All abilities - 18 and older
- • Walkers & runners
- • Those preparing for your first 5K or shooting for a new PR
- • Those who have never run before
- • Those who have not run recently
We'll help you achieve your goal of running a 5K/3.1 mile distance safely by a gradual and strategic increase in your training mileage.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- • Gentle workouts combining walking and running - gives your body time to adapt to running over 9 weeks
- • Instruction on proper hydration, nutrition, injury prevention, running form, training principles, and more! >
- • Monday, October 16th at 6PM - Kickoff Workout at Red Coyote Classen Curve
- • Monday evenings: Red Coyote Classen Curve at 6:00 p.m.
- • Wednesday evenings: Red Coyote Classen Curve at 6:00 p.m.
- • Saturday mornings: Red Coyote Classen Curve at 8:00 a.m.
WHY RED COYOTE?
- • Red Coyote has trained over 4,000 Newbies to run their first 5K!
- • We have the experience and the knowledge to help you safely and effectively reach your goals.
- • 9-week program either in-person or virtual working toward 5K/3.1 mile goal
- • Entry into Merry Mitchmas 5K & 10K on December 16th ($35 value)
- • Technical Red Coyote training program shirt ($30 value)
- • Newbie checklist card - unlocks special savings!
- • Positive support, coaching, and a fun group to keep you motivated
- • Weekly training schedules - emailed to all participants
- • Access to private Facebook group exclusive to this program
- • Ability to post your workouts to the Facebook group for accountability and encouragement
REGISTRATION, COST, & DETAILS
- • Our 10K program is FREE again this season! Although this is a free program, you must be officially registered to be granted access to the Facebook page.
- • You'll receive a welcome email, training handbook, schedule, and link to the Facebook page prior to the start of training.
- • When you register, you’ll have the option to purchase a Training Program shirt for $15 - these shirts will be available to pick up about halfway through the program and we’ll notify you when they are ready.
Come learn more about the program and get your questions answered at one of our informational meetings
- • Wednesday, October 4th 7:00pm (In-Person Red Coyote Classen Curve OKC and Zoom Option) - Zoom link
- • Wednesday, October 11th 7:00pm (In-Person Red Coyote Classen Curve OKC and Zoom Option) - Zoom link
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
5K Newbie Program
Anyone can do it
Looking for structured introduction to running to help get in shape without getting injured along the way? We've got the program for you.Learn More